There may come a time when I don’t reblog this post but that day is not this day.
I just keep seeing this as young!Sherlock. Like THIS is the man Lestrade first met, high as a kite, smiling, more aggressive, more emotional. He likes the new Sherlock, the one he sees with John. Sherlock had shut down without the drugs- but with John, it’s all the emotion, the joy… but now it’s REAL, without the desperation it had before.
- Mom: Why are you obsessed with old men?
- Me: Mom, he's not old, he's only like 40.
- Big Chief Studios: Hey! Let's design a Sherlock Holmes and John Watson doll.
- Big Chief Studios Intern: Um, guys. You know what people are going to--
- Big Chief Studios: We'll give them fully articulating body parts, and changeable clothes.
- Big Chief Studios Intern: But I don't think you--
- Big Chief Studios: And LOOK! We'll even give them some muscle tone underneath their clothes, though no one will see that ever, except the owners, of course.
- Big Chief Studios Intern: ...
- Big Chief Studios: ...
- Tumblr: OMG! LOOKIT ALL THE NEKKID JOHNLOCK POSES I CAN PUT THESE DOLLS IN!!!! LET'S SEE IF SHERLOCK CAN PUT HIS ANKLES BEHIND HIS HEAD!!
Obvious, but: this is especially poignant because they weren’t on speaking terms at the time. I mean John prettied himself up and had been on his way back to Sherlock when he was abducted, but I don’t think Sherlock knew about that. The last words John said to him before this moment appear to have been “Fuck off.” And Sherlock accepted that.
You may not want me in your life anymore, John Watson, but there’s no way I’m going to let you die.